Friday, May 14, 2010

Decisions, Decisions

Yesterday's second interview went really well.  So well that about an hour after I got home, I received a call offering me the position with "The Bobs".  I thanked them for the offer, but told them that I would let them know whether I accepted the offer by today just so that I could think over everything - plus, you NEVER accept an offer on the spot if you know you definitely have it in the bag and could possibly negotiate more in your favor.  Little trick that's always worked for me when I know I nailed an interview.

I suppose there is some truth to the statement "when it rains, it pours."  With the corporate travel company offer, the management consulting firm's offer, I also got a third show of interest from another opportunity.  On my way home from the interview with "The Bobs", I got a phone call in regards to another position I sent a resume about two weeks ago.  It was for a Travel Executive Assistant position for a gentleman who owns 6 companies and is pursuing a career in politics.  I don't think I was really uber interested in the position, but the salary was impressionable.  Essentially, I am to be this CEO's go-to mobile slave...haha.  The pay was extremely nice, but I don't know if I have it in me to be someone's assistant 24/7 traveling with him and being his right hand throughout the business trip that could go on for 1 day or 2 weeks and many times at the last minute.  I think it would be something I would not have minded 5-10 years ago, but I'm not sure if I'm up for the uncertainty of that schedule anymore.  Does that mean I'm getting old that I want some routine in my life? 

After some great thought, I've decided to stick with taking the job with the corporate travel company to start on Monday.  In the end, the travel industry is my love where I will most likely always flourish career-wise.  Seriously...if you know me, you know how much I love, love, love planning trips (even if they're not mine), learning about far off places, and knowing where others are traveling so that I get ideas for mine and Husband's next adventure.  I feel that everything I will learn at this company just adds to the expertise I will be able to offer my own clients once I go live with my own company.  I'm pretty excited!  Husband is excited, too, because he knows that I'm going crazy not working and that it would be nice to have more income than my unemployment check.  We're celebrating the formal end of my unemployment tonight at my favorite sushi restaurant Samurai Blue Sushi & Sake Bar.  YUM!

No comments: