Monday, May 10, 2010

Weekend Update

First thing's first... Happy belated Mother's Day to all the hot mommas I know out there. As I edge closer to my mid-30's, just about everyone I grew up with has children nowadays. Sometimes 2, 3, 4, and so on. Hope everyone had a great day yesterday with your chil'uns.

I tried reaching my mother to wish her a Happy Mother's Day, but it seems all we did was play phone tag. She's in the Philippines right now, so the time difference makes it even more difficult to reach each other. I plan to try again today.
Husband and I spent the weekend in Husband's hometown where his parents still reside - about one hour north of where we live. For those who grew up with me, it's a tiny town reminiscint of where I grew up in Texas. I say reminiscint when I should say "almost exactly" right down to the Confederate flag presence on almost every other residential street and license plate, the sunburned guy with his button-down shirt completely unbuttoned crossing a major street in the town showing off his beer gut (and no, he's not homeless...that's just how he feels like walking around in public), dually trucks galore...you get the drift... dueling banjos can sometimes be heard playing softly in the distance kind of thing.

Regardless of any of that, we enjoyed visiting with his family. Every time we visit, Husband and I gain at least 10 pounds simply because his Mississippi-raised mother does some serious southern comfort food home cooking. I definitely love it, but an extra mile added to my runs for the week is always a given. We had a great lunch honoring his mother, aunt, and grandmother. Very sweet.

We gave his mother a beautifully framed photo of her and Husband doing their Mother-Son dance at our wedding. Nice pic, huh?


Other than that, the rest of the weekend was uneventful. Just relaxing and eating. What a nice weekend!

No comments: